how long between internal and external pip. help!

Now back to my first serama hatch. I borrowed a second incubator from neighbor to lockdown the seramas as I'm also hatching 8 Mallard eggs and wanted them separated for Lockdown. Mallards to hatch soon...on day #23 right now and they're rockin' and rollin' already, but no internal pip yet........haven't hatched eggs since my teens, so lots of reading, research, and help on this forum.....

Anyway, almost gave up on the seramas. started with 12, down to 6, and finally on day#21--today, 6/9/11---- a pip! Crack in the shell of one egg! I actually was giving up. Saw absolutely no movement (unlike the ducks) and expected earlier hatch. Maybe there's hope. I've been reading everying about these chicks and of course had to start with something hard to hatch....Just hope it works...I heard they can often DIS....(yes, even learning the chicken acronyms....!)..Reassurance appreciated....I plan NOT to open bater and let nature take it's course.....I've read usually interference does more harm.....I work at home, difficult, hard to concentrate on work, constantly up to peak! Thank you all from a newby

sounds like its all going to plan then, yeah patience is the key in my opinion good luck
smile.png

From my little bit of experience, don't worry about your ducks. ...They'll hatch...I had quails pipping for 2 days and then hatched....In fact, I had mallards who were rockin and rollin and audibly peeping and didn't hatch 'til 2 days later. I think they'll be okay

Also....free Seramas in LANCASTER PA.....2 roos and 1 hen....Please contact me .....only to good home....I need someone who will love them like me....Please call! Pickup only 717-584-5746 Many thanks, Lin

Simko - you might check the dates on the thread you respond to, those eggs hatched months ago!
smile.png

If you want to place chickens, probably have better luck in the chicken forum and I think there are also places for selling and buying birds. Welcome to the forums though!

Jeez, I think I answered my own inquiry...in any case,,,,,FREE SERAMAS ---2 roos, 1 hen...! COME AND GET them...only a good home.....Guess I really am a newby 717-584-5746......THANKS.....Lancaster/Millersville PA 17603

I have one single French Rouen duck egg in my incubator that internally pipped around 10:00 AM this morning. The humidity is always in the 70s and the temp is ok I think. But she has been internally pipped and wiggling in her shell since 10AM. Shoul I be worried? Should I help her at a certain point? This is my first time hatching eggs and she is my only duck to make it into lockdown

I have a duck in bator due any time now had broke through to air sac now hoping it pops and hatches quickly. It was a adopted egg so no clue on parents. Think that'll be fun to see how it looks.

I need help also. I have one Muskovy duck egg that I picked up off my pier 32 days ago! He internally pipped on Monday night and started chirping and pecking on Tuesday. Today is Thursday morning. He is still Active but has shown no signs of breaking through. Should I intervene? I really don't want to lose this little guy. Quick help would be so appreciated. Thank you

Took my little guy over two days to external pip so I wouldn't jump in to soon. But I am no expert just my thought.

Back
Top Bottom