How long can adult chickens live in shipping box?

robbdebbie

Professional Chicken Bather
10 Years
Jun 18, 2009
Madisonville, LA
My chickens were shipped Monday from Texas. As I said in my other post, we cannont find them anywhere. I am hoping they show up tomorrow. The shipper put apples and pears in the box with them. So, I guess my question is how many days do my chcikens have to live?
sad.png
sad.png
sad.png
sad.png
sad.png
sad.png
sad.png
sad.png
sad.png
sad.png
sad.png
sad.png
sad.png
sad.png

hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif

I had some take 3 days to CA and they were just fine when they arrived. I am sure the fruit will help and hopefully they'll be there tomorrow.

Thanks for the advice. I just hope they show up tomorrow. Unfortunatly they are lost in transit now. I almost wish that someone did steal them just so that they don't die.

Did they ship them Express? I know the pkgs aren't always scanned, but those are usually scanned along the way and less likely to get 'lost'.

Yes, they were well on their way unti 4:15pm yesterday when they left the New Orleans post office. That is only 30 miles away from me. That truck only stops at two post offices, and the chickens are not at either one, or the New Orleans post office. So sad right now.

I had some that shipped and due to my P.O. error, they got as far as Detroit, who decided they didn't ship live animals on weekends and they let them sit there over the weekend and then shipped them back to me on Monday!! They had been in the box for 5 days!! Thankfully they were still alive, I was shocked! I had put apple slices in there.

Had a quad of Hamburg Bantam from a breeder north of MI and it took them five days to get here. They all made it fine with all the extra apples they had and I still have one today.

I am in the same situation as you are. Mine was shipped monday also from Maryland. I called every post office he was suppose to have passed through and "nobody" has seen him. The last time he was scanned was sept 22 at 2 am. More than 24 hours ago. I spoke to the bosses at every post office and a few employees. I guess they are post master generals. Beats me but they know nohting. I complained about items not getting scanned. I have had things get to their destination before they where scanned.

I will start again in the morning. Starting with my post office and backwards this time. I bet he got sent someplace else besides this direction. She put lots of fruit in the box so i'm hoping he is fine. If he's stolen, I hope they take care of him.

When I bought an adult chicken and put him in a box he was so quiet. Didn't make a sound. So, I think that people don't realize the big boxes have chickens in them. My chicks are really loud, but I don't think the adults are loud at all. When my dh was at the New Orleans post office they said they have a specific place inside to keep the live animals. They didn't see my boxes there yesterday. So, this tells me that they are not being treated as live animals, or someone just missed seeing them where they were supposed to be. Maybe I should find a chirping chick and stick it in the box from now on ?

Back
Top Bottom