How long can eggs be left in the coop?

I want to know if my eggs are still edible if I left them in the sun for a few hours. I was cleaning the coop, pulled out two BEAUTIFUL eggs, put them in a garden pot (in the sun) and I left for work. They sat there from 11 am until I got home that night. It does not get SUPER hot in my yard because its fall but it was in the sun.

I don't want to waste them.

I want to know if my eggs are still edible if I left them in the sun for a few hours. I was cleaning the coop, pulled out two BEAUTIFUL eggs, put them in a garden pot (in the sun) and I left for work. They sat there from 11 am until I got home that night. It does not get SUPER hot in my yard because its fall but it was in the sun.

I don't want to waste them.

Eat and enjoy - there is no worry

Hello, I have a similar question however somewhat different. I have got to the point of having a pretty well ran "automated" chicken coop that includes: Auto feeders inside and out, auto-mated waterers with PVC piping- reservoir, circulating pump, automatic door, and timed lighting.

Now my question, with all this in place, could I be comfortable with leaving for the weekend to my fishing cottage and NOT have to worry about collecting the eggs until I return? An example of what my weekend plans would be are: Collecting the last eggs approx 3-4pm est on Friday, then to return around 4-8pm est on Sunday. The temps during the summer here range from the 80s to 90s during the day.

Thanks in advance for everyones input on this issue!!

Now my question, with all this in place, could I be comfortable with leaving for the weekend to my fishing cottage and NOT have to worry about collecting the eggs until I return? An example of what my weekend plans would be are: Collecting the last eggs approx 3-4pm est on Friday, then to return around 4-8pm est on Sunday. The temps during the summer here range from the 80s to 90s during the day.

*I* would feel comfortable doing so - if there is ever any doubt about a particular egg, throw it out. If you were really concerned you could keep those eggs separate once they were gathered (ie cartoned together, in a separate bowl, etc - however you store your eggs) so that you would remember to crack them over a separate bowl to give you a chance to sniff and look for any warning signs of a bad egg before you dump them in with whatever else you are using them for that day.

Back
Top Bottom