1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

How long do I boil eggs????

Discussion in 'Egg, Chicken, & Other Favorite Recipes' started by NC-Chickoholic, Apr 22, 2009.

1. NC-Chickoholic

NC-Chickoholic Out Of The Brooder

Apr 14, 2009
    I have brought my water to a boil ....then I put my eggs in.....how long till I can take them off the stove????? Thx yalll....yall are great! [​IMG]

2. cassie

cassie Overrun With Chickens

Mar 19, 2009
    I boil mine 10 minutes and then cool them under running water.

3. antiquebuff

antiquebuff Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 27, 2008
    Franklin, NC
    Drop them in the boiling water and return to boil for 10-12 minutes and then drain and add cold water! They will peel like a charm!

4. YumaJohnny

YumaJohnny Out Of The Brooder

Apr 5, 2009
    Yuma
    I put them in the cold water (add a few tablespoons of salt per dozen makes pealing easier and a tablespoon of vinegar) when the water boils take them off the heat and let them sit in the hot water for 15 mins. Take out and put in an ice/water bath in the sink. They peel great!

5. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Get the water up to a boil, put in the eggs. pull them out, put in cold water. They'll peel easy.

6. duckboatprincess

duckboatprincess Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2009
    Grand Blanc, MI
    It also depends on it you want hard boiled or soft boiled. Soft boiled eggs need to boil for like 5-7 minutes.

7. fernandez0067

fernandez0067 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 2, 2008
    Schenectady
    I boil mine for 12-15 minutes ... to make sure its cooked all the way through

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by