1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

How long do i have to fix temp/humidity fluctuations?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Vamp-A-Billy Princess, Apr 21, 2008.

1. Vamp-A-Billy Princess

Vamp-A-Billy Princess Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2008
    Indiana
    I have the el-cheapo incubator the little giant. I know they are very sensitive. Let's say something happens and the humidity or temp gets too low/high. How long to I have to fix it before it damages my chickies. Is it a matter of minutes?hours?days? I am so scared that I am going to mess up. This is my first time.

2. Tuffoldhen

Tuffoldhen Flock Mistress

Jan 30, 2007
    WV
    It's better temps are low then high...low will mean your hatch maybe late...Try to catch the fluxs in temps as quickly as you can, high temps for a few hours can still mean you will or could have a hatch...just watch your incubator closely...

Don't be afraid, we have all started our hatching experience from where you are... It's suppose to be fun!....

Last edited: Apr 21, 2008
  3. championny

championny Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 21, 2008
    Saint Johns, AZ
    Don't worry. I bought an LG for my hatch and I have been dealing with that influx. But so far I have 4 out of 12 confirmed to hatch any minute and the others i am not sure. On top of that, they had a rough start when my hen decided she didn't want to sit on eggs the anymore. [​IMG]

Just keep an eye on it and you should be fine. Even during the toughs times, I will swear I won't incubate again, but I find myself looking for more eggs and meeting great people here to share it with. [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 21, 2008

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by