how long do I let her sit?

Grizhawk

In the Brooder
May 18, 2015
My broody faverolle hatched her first chick five days ago. I was going to throw the other 9 eggs away last night, but the wife made me candle first. Today another one hatched! That makes 3 in 5 days. She is still setting. How long will she go? Seems odd she is still at it....

Are the chicks eating and drinking? If you are worried about them then take the other eggs. Otherwise I would assume that she has her reasons for not giving up quite yet. She may be able to feel them moving inside of their eggs. If I was not worried about the chicks that have already hatched I would give her a couple more days with her eggs.

They are up, eating and running around her. I put a heat lamp in the broody house for extra heat for the lil peepers. I had to help this last one hatch, it was cacooned in the inner lining. Like not enough humidity. Strange since it has rained her for 2 weeks.

momma and her 2 trouble makers. The latest one is still drying under her

So I checked the broody this morning. Eggs were moved, she is up and scratching. Thought she moved the nest but watched her scratch them around without care. Removed eggs but one had pipped!I can hear it! Made room in the incubator. Should I give it time or assistance in hatching?

Back
Top Bottom