How long do I let my eggs settle before setting them?/Update on 3rd pg

I have a borrowed Little Giant, still air, with a turner. I tend to jump into things with both feet. We have had chickens for the last 4 years in the spring and summer only and then my daughter would sell them at fair. We have decided to keep them full time this year on a much bigger scale than 3-5 chicks.

So I have ordered 15 chicks, then got impatient and order a couple dozen eggs. I have already got plans for an addition to our barn for the chickens and I am also getting some geese. Hubby gets a tad upset if I buy too much too quickly, so I borrowed the incubator and I am trying to be good and not order a new bator!

Vicki

tgood luck resisiting lol. I want to get a hatchery bator when I turn 40. I ay start my own hatchery up but it wont be big like mcmurray. probably like mypetchicken

Well, things are not off to a good start. The eggs I ordered were shipped Monday. Tuesday they tracking number didn't show anything. Today I expected a call from the post office, no call, so I checked the tracking number again. My "package" has been misrouted, they are trying to get it back on track soon. OH GOODY!! That sounds promising, NOT!!
hit.gif
hit.gif

I am also have trouble getting the incubator that I borrowed (LG, still air) to hold a temp and humidity, so I gave in an ordered the 1588! At this rate, it will be here before the eggs!

Vicki

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom