How long do I let my eggs settle before setting them?/Update on 3rd pg

vicki2x2

Super Chick
11 Years
Feb 9, 2008
Central Michigan
I have the bator set up, and I ordered eggs. They are due to arrive Wednesday for one set and Thursday or Friday for the other set. How long should I let them settle before putting them in the bator? Should I wait and put them all in at once? Or a day or two apart?

I ordered chicks too but they were arriving soon enough, so I decided to go both routes!!

Vicki

Last edited:
bump....
big_smile.png

Ambient room temp is around 70 degrees F. The "resting" is to allow them to reach the ambient temperature and let the content inside stabilize from transit (if having been mailed).

At least, that's what I've gleened from reading posts on BYC.
smile.png

Quote:
you are correct on that. I usually do 70F-80F and they stil have a good hatch. if you put them into the bator as soon as they come in they will either explode from going 20F-95F or not hatch. Imagine throwing hot water on you car windshield after a snow storm

What are you using to hatch in? If you only have 2 I would wait until I receive the 2nd batch Thur or Friday, you don't want to open the hatcher in the middle of the most important part of hatching! I've had eggs come on different days of the week and have waited but if they are more then 3 days apart you can go ahead and set them after settling for 6 to 8 hrs. Just my opion.
big_smile.png

Sylvia

yeah its fine to add both toghether if the seller gave you fresh eggs. If she did then its fine to wait since the eggs are viable for 7 days. the hatchrate goes down after 7 days

Back
Top Bottom