How long do you guys let eggs rest after shipping before incubating?

If your eggs are room temp you don't need to wait to put them into the incubator. Just put them into the turner small side down and don't turn on the turner for 3 days.
Good luck on your hatches.

This is good information. I have never waited 3 days on shipped eggs but have put the eggs in and waited until the next day before I turn on the turner.

My last shipment of goose eggs came through the post during a heat wave so I put them in the incubator immediately with no turning.
On the night of day two could already see development with veining on day 3 so they started developing before reaching me.
I was worried about leaving them sit if they had started and Im glad I didn't wait.
Good luck to you.

Edited for lack of sleep induced spelling errors.

Last edited:
wow getting a new batch of eggs i am going to try this.
big_smile.png

Thanks everyone. I had to wait 24 hours to get the incubator set up and stabilized (it's a homemade system and I'm turning by hand), but then I put them right in and will just let them sit for 2 more days before I start to turn. Hopefully this will work out fine.

I know this is a dated thread, but I am attempting to hatch some Serama eggs I received in the post. I had planned on taking the “no turn for 3 days” approach and am wondering if this is still recommended? I have a Brinsea Eco 2 with the Brinsea quail egg insert to help once I do start turning. I have the temp fairly stable at 100.3 and humidity around 40-45. Obviously I am really eager to see at least a few of these little buggers through. After reading through the forums here, I feel both more confident but still terrified! Any suggestions or reassurance would be much appreciated!

Back
Top Bottom