How long do you wait before you try incubating your eggs??????????

steelersfan43

Songster
10 Years
Nov 28, 2009
NE IN
Hi. I was just wondering how long you guys wait from the time your hens first start laying eggs until you try and incubate some. I know they are fertile, but they aren't laying full size eggs yet. Will they hatch???

Some of us have been lucky and hatched little pullet eggs... BUT... I've noticed that the tiny pullet eggs that hatch, usually give me smaller chickens...that's why it's best to wait a couple of months.

I wondered if that would happen with the size of the chicks. I have some in the incubator now. Candled them last night and I have some swimmers. I guess I'll just have to see how they do. I was really wanting to know though if they would make it all the way through and if people waited because of problems. I have some orpingtons that just started laying (only one out of 4 hens and the egg is pretty small for an orpington egg) but I am SOO impatient!!

45090_229.jpg

Here's one of the roosters (he's not full grown yet). I have this one and a black one. Then I have two splash hens, a black hen, and I swear what looks like a black laced blue! Not sure if that's what you'd call her but she's beautiful. I really want to start hatching
sad.png

Back
Top Bottom