How long do your turkeys live?

draftiemama

Songster
11 Years
Mar 31, 2008
Florida
Floyd-6.jpg

Floyd here just turned 6 years old this month and he is starting to show his age. He's a good old boy and I hate the thought of losing him.
sad.png

At the risk of sounding like a complete dummy.... what's the average lifespan of a free range, well fed, well adjusted RP turkey?

Thanks Steve, I suspect he won't make 10 only because he seems to have aged fast in the last year. He did have a tough time last year when he got roughed up by a dog and it took a while for him to recover from that. I'm sure that didn't help his lifespan.

Mine live until the Tuesday before Thanksgiving and 2 days before Christmas. YUM....

I knew someone would say that.
tongue.png

Pat, Floyd is a royal palm, thanks for the compliment, he thinks he's pretty good looking too.
lol.png

You never know, we have an old mixed rooster that is pushing 14 this year. He is a piece of work, no tail feathers, has a crow that sounds like the first crow of a young roo. He can't even get up on a roost anymore, we make him a straw nest in the corner of the house and the other day I saw him trying to get on a hen.
smile.png

Steve

i have a bronz . he is 16 years old !! like you he is the my favorite !! i too dred the day that he's gone .. but it is rumored that they can live as long as 30 !!!! i can't see my pld man living that long ,,, he's getting autheritis and some days he just wants to sit in the barn ... i feed him tylenol laced bread treets to him going .. i love the bird and want to keep him alive and comfortable as long as possible

Back
Top Bottom