How long does it take a quail egg to hatch???

tumra

In the Brooder
10 Years
Apr 16, 2009
Sydney
Im currently on day 17 of incubation and this morning i have a number of eggs that are showing cracks in the shell. It is about 2pm and the eggs dont seem to be cracking any further. I haven't had any chicks hatch yet but i was wondering is it normal for quail eggs to take this long to hatch or is there something wrong? I was going to leave it till tomorrow afternoon to start hatching the eggs by hand because i have had problems previously with my hatch rate.

Thanks

Anthony

18 days, so if your humidity's good and stable (above 60), let them move at thier pace, they're right on time.

Yeah, they normally pop out pretty fast, but a lot of people are reporting them taking days to hatch. I wouldn't worry about it unless you don't see any action.

Im struggling to get the humidity up at the moment. Its the middle of winter and i can only get 50% humidity here. I will leave them till tomorrow and hopefully they will hatch.

Put a sheet of wet paper towel in there, that will bring the humidity up pretty good.
smile.png

Hi I'm having a similar issue I had bobwhite eggs start to hatch yesterday around 8pm and today they haven't progressed any more some have the cracks from the beaks trying to break through but haven't and one actually has a gap all the way around but the top won't come off I guess

Even jumbo bob eggs are still tiny. I have as very surprised at the difference between them and the coturnix eggs being so much bigger.

Back
Top Bottom