how long does it take for my chickens to get over the cold

maidagarza3

In the Brooder
Nov 24, 2020
Hi, new to the page .I'm having a problem with my flock..I believe they have cold/flu ..I have treated them with the vetRx and deep clean the coop kept the 2 very sick one apart.I did all this Friday 11-20-2020 the swelling went down . but I can see watery eye and there just not happy ..what else can I do ..I dont want to give antibiotics to them ..

Hi, new to the page .I'm having a problem with my flock..I believe they have cold/flu ..I have treated them with the vetRx and deep clean the coop kept the 2 very sick one apart.I did all this Friday 11-20-2020 the swelling went down . but I can see watery eye and there just not happy ..what else can I do ..I dont want to give antibiotics to them ..

Wait it out. It took 6 weeks, for some of the chicks I had , to cure.
Maybe aspirin could help. But I have no experience with that.

Do you know exactly what they have? As far as I know avian flu is very deadly to birds. It is possible they have something like MG, could you post pictures?

Do you know exactly what they have? As far as I know avian flu is very deadly to birds. It is possible they have something like MG, could you post pictures?
Hi Bo I dont know exactly what they have but Im guessing it's the flu/cold

20201124_095734.jpg

I have 2 like this i have a flock of 25 and one super bad

Attachments

• 20201124_095743.jpg
    20201124_095743.jpg
    415.5 KB · Views: 6
Wow. That doesn’t look great at all.

Anyway. That is not the same as the ‘cold’ my chicks had. They where only sneezing. In a Dutch forum some people told me they needed antibiotics to cure. Others said you get weak chickens if I gave AB. I didn’t give AB and they all cured.
@Eggcessive @rosemarythyme @R2elk anyone of you have any idea. Or who to tag?

What are their symptoms?

I would clear away the eye discharge with a warm wet rag or paper towel. The one whose eyes look crusted over, you'll have to leave the towel there for a little bit of a soak to loosen it up and then remove it gently.

Back
Top Bottom