How Long Does It Take To Build A Coop For 8 Chickens?

Amitist

Songster
9 Years
Aug 16, 2010
Erlanger, KY
Hi! I was thinking of building a coop and I need to know how long it would take to build a coop for 8 chickens with 2-4 people. I was think of making the good ole' square type of coop and a moderately big run. Thanks!

-Amitist

It sort of depends on how experienced the people are- if they have built things before, you could probably knock it out in a weekend if you had all the materials and equipment ready.

Totally agree with above... And NO beer until the day's work is done...beer and power tools are not a good combo.
tongue.png

Also depends on how much time you have to dedicate to it. We are building our coop for 8 and it's almost been 8 weeks now...just because I have to wait until 6 to work on it, and it's not on our current property, but the one we're moving to. VERY annoying
hmm.png
. The chicks are in an intermediate coop in my backyard though, which is a converted tool shed, so I'm happy and they're happy until it's all done so...no rush
tongue.png

My 8'x7' coop took me 9 weeks, working on Saturdays by myself. It is dirt floor, combo hardware cloth and plywood with a tin roof. I have 2 hens and will get a few more in the spring which should give time to build a hardware cloth covered run.

Back
Top Bottom