How Long Does Probiotic/Electrolyte Water Keep if Refrigerated?

Calix

In the Brooder
7 Years
Sep 7, 2012
I mixed some probiotic/electrolyte supplements into my chicks' water when we picked them up yesterday. There are only five of them, so I filled their quart waterer and put the rest of the mix in the fridge. How long do you think it will keep in there? I'm going to give them regular water tonight until I'm sure it's safe.

I mixed some probiotic/electrolyte supplements into my chicks' water when we picked them up yesterday. There are only five of them, so I filled their quart waterer and put the rest of the mix in the fridge. How long do you think it will keep in there? I'm going to give them regular water tonight until I'm sure it's safe.

If it doesn't say on the package, check their website. If nothing there, give them a call.
I would think it depends on the product. What is the products name and who is making it?
Best,
Karen

I am new to raising chicks, but will share what I did. I'm using sav-A-chick Probiotic supplement in my 1 qt waterer. It comes in packets of powder to be mixed in a gallon of water. I opened the packet and measured the powder, then divided by 4 to get the amount to mix into a quart. It seems to be working--chicks are thriving!

(If any more experienced chick raisers think not a good idea, please let me know!)

Karin

I even give mine Gatorade and other sports drink....they like the flavors..jeff

Back
Top Bottom