How long from external pip to unzipping?

Hi all, first time poster and first time incubating/hatching duck eggs. I’m on day 26, have 5 eggs, three of which have externally pipped and are singing like a little chorus in their shells! The other two are showing no signs of pipping yet but I can see movement inside when candled.
Given how chatty the three pipped eggs are, how long would you expect it to be before I see signs of unzipping? Really don’t want to lose these babies now we’ve gotten this far. Happy to sit and watch them patiently all weekend but don’t want to be watching if I need to be doing something else🤷🏻‍♀️
Temp. Is 99f and humidity is 74%.
Thanks in advance.
I've had quail take 10 minutes after pipping externally and some take an hour. I'm not really sure if it's similar for ducks though. Hope this helps!

Any news on the last 3?
Hi, so sorry for the delay in answering but life has been manic this month! All hatched , final two were on the Monday evening but one was very small. We called them Darkwing (after the cartoon character because our very first duck over 30 yrs ago was called that), Sage, Basil, Dill & Peanut(the tiny one), unfortunately we lost Peanut on day four but the others have all done really well and are now in their big house out in the orchard after spending the first month in the house and garden with us. They’re adorable and will happily curl up with our German shepherd all day.
we’re currently on a waiting list for some khaki Campbells but it might be a few weeks yet.
of the fertile eggs we managed to hatch all of them which Was better than expected, just a shame we lost one. We’ll definitely be doing it again, and I want to hatch chickens too, it’s quite addictive!
Will post pictures over the weekend.

Back
Top Bottom