how long is too long to hatch?

mommy3

Chirping
8 Years
Sep 19, 2011
Plantsville, CT
We have 3 eggs that were 21 days on the 3rd of March- that is it was the full 21 days that evening. (Sat) So, the eggs have still not hatched. We did the sink float test and they floated what we think is the right amount. We did not see them "rockin and rollin" like mentioned in a thread we read. The temps have been perfect - how long do we give them? Should we see movement in the eggs while sitting in the coolerbator? Our first batch was great- we had 6 of 8 hatch. Just not sure how long to give them or if anyone has any tips as to if they are still alive! Any advice at all is welcomed.
idunno.gif
They are RIR and are the survivors of a poor shipment. Were candled a few times and were viable.

I was once told that at that far overdue it is a good idea to make a big enough pip hole, in the aircell end, and look into it with a light to see if there is movement. They may have somehow gotten shrink wrapped! If they are still moving then you might want to consider assisting them in the hatch!!!!!

It is the fat end of the egg. I have done it a million times and never had one explode. If you are that worried about it then do it in a plastic ziplock bag. I don't think it will though!!!! Have you tried candling? Often you can see movement up near the aircell!

We waited too long. two were no good and the one did develop the whole way but was dead. Very sad..... had held out hope that that one had made it. Thanks for the advice.
hit.gif

Back
Top Bottom