How long should I keep wrapping healing bumblefoot?

I have two chickens (both road Island reds ) that both got bumblefoot on both there feet and I bandaged it today but now its raining and also thinking I'm gonna re rap it tomorrow cause it's rained today but how often after that should I be re rapping?
And do I need to keep putting ointment on it.
It looks glossey cause of the oils I put on it.
Any advice would be great, thankyou!View attachment 3629654
View attachment 3629651
I would keep up with the cleaning/wrapping, especially for the larger bumble that’s healing. However, if you’ve been cleaning/dressing/wrapping for a while already and haven’t seen continued improvement I would suggest cleaning/drying/wrapping without applying ointment. I found my chicken hit a plateau in the healing process and letting the wound dry out helped quite a bit! That is just my experience though, I hope yours heals up soon!

I would keep up with the cleaning/wrapping, especially for the larger bumble that’s healing. However, if you’ve been cleaning/dressing/wrapping for a while already and haven’t seen continued improvement I would suggest cleaning/drying/wrapping without applying ointment. I found my chicken hit a plateau in the healing process and letting the wound dry out helped quite a bit! That is just my experience though, I hope yours heals up soon!
She's better, she has one bandage on now so just waiting for that to heal up🥰

Back
Top Bottom