How long should shipped eggs sit before going into the bator?

Luann, could you explain a bit more about the zip lock thing? How do zip-locks filled with water help keep the temps stable? That was one of the big probs in my first attempt- I had huge temp swings, especially the first week...

So this will be your last hatch, mom 2em all? Why's that?
I thought I read your post about your last hatch and that it went well. Scared me there, for a sec.
wink.png

The water will change temperature more slowly than air. Having the water bottles will help it recover from lost heat when you open the lid and slow overall temperature changes due to outside incubator fluctuations.

Wow, that was a quick response! Thanks. So let me see if I get this right... I fill two zip locks with water and just place them by the egg cartons? Or underneath? (I have a styrofoam bator, one of the homemade ones and the eggs sit on hardware cloth. Underneat their "shelf" is where I keep the tupperware container with water.)
Cool!
smile.png

I don't keep the eggs in egg cartons during incubation or hatch. I let them lie in a natural position.

But yes, you've got the idea, put the water bladders side by side with your eggs.

Back
Top Bottom