How long till your d'uccles started laying?

teddiliza

Songster
11 Years
Feb 1, 2008
St Louis MO (Jefferson County)
Here's pics of mine.....

Wishing they would hurry up and start laying so I could start up the incubator again! They are 5 months old now. I've got 1 more pullet that's only 2 months old from ugly duckly's stock.

6152_img_1133.jpg

These two came from Estes from the assorted bantam bin.
Best impulse chick buy ever!

Last edited:
They are very nice! Sorry I can't answer your questions, I have only managed to hatch roos so far (trying again though, so hoping for at least one hen this time).

Got our first d'Uccle egg today at 21 weeks. Only one out of the four d'Uccles is laying. Comb got very red and started to grow for two to three weeks prior to todays egg. The other three still have small "flesh" colored combs and do not look ready. We have six babies -- 3 started laying this week (Silver Penciled Rock, EE and one Mille Fleur d'Uccle) and 3 are not ready (2 Mille Fleur and 1 Porcelain d'Uccle).

I hope this was helpful.

Don't know if you have heard about this, but I did it when my very first chicken started to lay. Now with us being stupid humans, we can't trust our chickens to know where to lay, so we put golf balls in the nest box so she would know where to lay. It worked and she laid them where we wanted them right next to the golf balls. We collected her egg every day and after about a week we took the golf balls out.

Once we already had chickens that were laying we never had to do that again because they saw the other chickens lay in the boxes and they thought it was a grand idea to lay there also.

The only time we have found eggs anywhere but their nest boxes is when the wind has blown the coop door closed or it wasn't latched properly so they had no option but to find the nearest bush or flower pot. I guess they couldn't hold it. LOL

my 2 porcelain d'uccle pullets are just about 5 months, so far no eggs, hopefully in the next month or so though!

The age is right on. You may also be dealling with the weather. Sometimes the cold/ hot weather makes them slow down. Be patient it will happen. She can't keep them in forever!
lol.png

Ok, you know how I posted that one of my 5 month olds was laying .... well she stopped and so did my adult d'Uccle. The hen is going through a molt. But the little d'Uccle ????? just decided to stop. Maybe she stopped laying in protest or out of empathy for your pullets???? LOL

Back
Top Bottom