How long to let shipped eggs settle?

They only need 6-8 hrs, some prefer overnight but if they aren't real cold I would do the 6-8 hrs
Good luck with your hatch
Krista

Most say about 24 hours. I got some from across the state and just let them rest about 10 hours and they are growing. So I would gauge on how far they came from.

Since I have eggs being shipped to me tomorrow I was wondering the same thing. Got to love this site. You can always get answers. Often to questions that you haven't even asked.

How far really doesn't matter. I got eggs sent to Maine from Washington state in 2 days, from Pennsylvania 5 days, the ones from Washington did better. I have hatched over 100 chicks from shipped eggs since May, and have done both the overnight and the 6-8 hour thing, there are so many different variables with shipping I don't think the "extra" hours sitting really help or change anything. Besides, waiting overnight just puts your hatch a day later
tongue.png

Krista

You want them not to be cool when they go in the bator so there isn't going to be condensation on your eggs. I just let them come up to at least room temp and even sit them on top of the bator while it's warming up or humming along. I've never let any sit very long, maybe 5 hours.

Our mail runs around 9 or 10 in the morning. I let them settle until early evening and then put them in the incubator.

Depend on how they are packed. Small end down, just let set a few hours. if they pack and small end up. would let those set for 12 hrs.

Also good idea to check the air cell, should be small , and at the large end.

Large air cell are old eggs.

Back
Top Bottom