How long will a Muscovy wait for eggs to hatch?

My hen only got one baby out of her 3 donor eggs but she was happy. 🙂 Next time I’ll know not to leave them too much longer than the ‘due date’!
What did she hatch? I tried breaking mine by giving her some polish and polish mix eggs, she got 8 and only 2 made it. Some just weren't viable, but I think the duck mom instincts weren't good for polish chicks as I lost a few that should have made it after hatch.

What did she hatch? I tried breaking mine by giving her some polish and polish mix eggs, she got 8 and only 2 made it. Some just weren't viable, but I think the duck mom instincts weren't good for polish chicks as I lost a few that should have made it after hatch.
I got few fertilized Muscovy eggs from a first time mom. Apparently she had 13 total and only two eggs hatched, one of them mine!

She’s a cutie though!

Attachments

• BEDA43BA-AFB9-4CB5-B7B7-142683CEFD1E.jpeg
    BEDA43BA-AFB9-4CB5-B7B7-142683CEFD1E.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 3
My Muscovy hen is setting on two eggs that i suspect have died....I would like to swap them out for some that are healthy and developing from another duck, but they are about two weeks younger. Will my Muscovy keep sitting until the new eggs are ready, or will she abandon the nest after the expected gestation time? I will remove the old eggs and leave her with only the new ones.
45 days :)

They have no internal clock! They will sit until babies pop out! I have to take babies from my hens right now so i have a hen that has been sitting for 4 months and will steal other hens eggs to sit them. I tried to break her broody by putting her in a seperate pen and I thought it worked because she stopped mommy calling and fluffing up. But she then went right back to a random nest and started sitting again! I'm making a pen for my girls to raise babies safely so her next clutch she can raise.

Back
Top Bottom