How long will a predator wait for a second attack

I need a couple too.We have them too.Vicious little beasts with big appetites!
I've had an attack and killed four birds in the pen.... Moved the pen from cover, double lined it with wire..pallets on the outside and electric fencing at different heights on the pallets right around and noticed today pallets being chewed and netting

A mink will have a hard time catching a free ranged chicken, if it did get 1 that would be it most likely. The worst attack comes at night when the chickens are at roost and confined to a closed up coop, mink has no problem killing them all. Any hole in the coop over a 1" in Dia. should be plugged to keep weasels out and a mink can get in a hole the size of a tennis ball
oh good to know! i recently thought my chicken coop was very predator proof but i recently just found a mouse in my coop! im assuming if a mouse can get in a mink or weasel could too…i’ll have to wake up early and figure that out in the morning

How long does a mink usually wait to come around again after a failed attack attempt (it injured one of my birds) it’s been about 4 days and no sign of the mink anymore, but i’m not sure how long predators usually wait around for.
Tractor Supply has a two pack of live traps for $44 right now. Buy the cat size and get a free mink/squirrel size!

Back
Top Bottom