How long will a predator wait for a second attack

If my chickens fly over the fence on the backside of my property all is good but if they fly over the fence out front they'd land on a steep bank beside my driveway and highway is right beside it lol
Doesn't sound very rural.
Keeping stock in a suburban environment is a lot different than a rural environment.
I'm going to have predators no matter where I live, but not taking advantage of the forage my animals have access to is not only a waste, the natural insect control and fortification of the soil are additional benefits.

Considering how you got it off your hen I'm not surprised it hasn't come back yet.It'll think twice lol It'll wait until you're nowhere around.
hahahah yes my mum says i probably scared it a bit 😂 i haven’t seen a sign of it but definitely not taking my chances right now. hopefully i won’t see it again but i’m sure it’ll regain its confidence to come back eventually

hahahah yes my mum says i probably scared it a bit 😂 i haven’t seen a sign of it but definitely not taking my chances right now. hopefully i won’t see it again but i’m sure it’ll regain its confidence to come back eventually
The more I think about it the less I'm convinced it's coming back! You did a number on him!I hope his lady friend didn't witness you jerking dinner out of his hands lol :lau

The more I think about it the less I'm convinced it's coming back! You did a number on him!I hope his lady friend didn't witness you jerking dinner out of his hands lol :lau
HAHA i hope she saw and was embarrassed😂
it was a fist fight i definitely won in the moment lol
i hope you’re right tho! i’d love to just forget about the thing ! today was the first time i left the house since because i’ve been so worried! hopefully it’s long gone…

Doesn't sound very rural.
Keeping stock in a suburban environment is a lot different than a rural environment.
I'm going to have predators no matter where I live, but not taking advantage of the forage my animals have access to is not only a waste, the natural insect control and fortification of the soil are additional benefits.
You'd be right! Most people here don't keep chickens due to traffic and/or neighbors (and dogs) but because I love raising chickens I go the extra mile to make it work so I can raise them in peace.

how long will they wait? once they know where your chickens are, theyll keep coming back when they get hungry .. you have to eliminate the predator usually if free ranging is part of your setup, to stop it, or your flock will dwindle down to nothing .. a couple of decent pcp airguns and a night scope along with various strategies is how i keep things under control ..its an ongoing state of war with predators if you have chickens, if you lose a bird or two its time to lock n load and get serious lol .. its pay-back time lol

Attachments

• 20230817_190621.jpg
    20230817_190621.jpg
    400.1 KB · Views: 4
how long will they wait? once they know where your chickens are, theyll keep coming back when they get hungry .. you have to eliminate the predator usually if free ranging is part of your setup, to stop it, or your flock will dwindle down to nothing .. a couple of decent pcp airguns and a night scope along with various strategies is how i keep things under control ..its an ongoing state of war with predators if you have chickens, if you lose a bird or two its time to lock n load and get serious lol .. its pay-back time lol
LOL definitely, i’ve set up a couple traps but i don’t know how to work a gun, we have one i just don’t have a license to use one. it hasn’t come back. it never actually killed any of my animals, just attempted to… it’s been two weeks and i haven’t seen it. don’t know when it’s gonna sneak back but i’ve been on very high alert, and although i can use a gun, i sleep with my windows open, with a camera outside to show if it comes at night, and a pair of gloves and a hunting knife by my bed if it comes back lol

LOL definitely, i’ve set up a couple traps but i don’t know how to work a gun, we have one i just don’t have a license to use one. it hasn’t come back. it never actually killed any of my animals, just attempted to… it’s been two weeks and i haven’t seen it. don’t know when it’s gonna sneak back but i’ve been on very high alert, and although i can use a gun, i sleep with my windows open, with a camera outside to show if it comes at night, and a pair of gloves and a hunting knife by my bed if it comes back lol
Airguns are better for a job like this. They're quiet and deadly when you're close enough

Back
Top Bottom