How long would you expect stress to suspend egg laying?!

LinzeeBrie

Songster
Apr 13, 2018
Okanagan, BC, Canada
I know moving to a knew location can be stressful... And getting dipped in gasoline due to a horrible case of (undisclosed) SLM was probably the stress of a lifetime... And I suppose we're still not entirely out of the winter lull......
So suddenly my "it's been well over a month now", doesn't seem like long enough? 🤔🤔
(She's a year old Ameraucana, who was {apparently} actively laying at her previous home).

Last edited:
I know moving to a knew location can be stressful... And getting dipped in vaseline due to a horrible case of (undisclosed) SLM was probably the stress of a lifetime... And I suppose we're still not entirely out of the winter lull......
So suddenly my "it's been well over a month now", doesn't seem like long enough? 🤔🤔
(She's a year old Ameraucana, who was {apparently} actively laying at her previous home).
Hmm is she stressed. Is she old? Old hens can lay but not as often.

I know moving to a knew location can be stressful... And getting dipped in vaseline due to a horrible case of (undisclosed) SLM was probably the stress of a lifetime... And I suppose we're still not entirely out of the winter lull......
Give her a bit more time....days are not that long yet.
Ameraucana, or EE's, are not always spectacular layers.

I agree EE can be surprise layers. I have a 4 year old EE that lays everyday I also have a 2 year old that lays 4 times a week. It really depends on what the EE was mixed with.

Yes as soon as someone mentioned daylight hours, I wanted to say "enough that everyone else is laying!", and then I realized that's totally not true 🤣. Only my youngest birds are laying, everyone else is holding out for longer days :) so if she was laying last year, she could totally still be taking her break... (Fun fact - my EEs are currently laying every day, but I don't expect that to last too long 🤣).
Also should note that I edited to correct vaseline to gasoline - much higher stress factor I imagine 🙈

Back
Top Bottom