How long

Hmm not familiar with that one. I personally like Hovabators and cabinet incubators. How many eggs does that one hold? IMO the Little Giant brand incubators don't work very well as almost everyone I know that has bought one have very poor hatch rates with them and say the temp fluctuates badly with them for some reason. I have never personally owned that brand tho but see them for sale at Tractor Supply all the time. Hopefully yours is a good brand and it works well but even if its not the best I'm sure it will work way better then the light method. As a kid tho I had one of those little yellow quail incubators that they sale now for like $15 or $20 and r very primitive to say the least as they use a light to incubate and u have to hand turn the eggs. I think if I remember correctly it only held like 4 standard chicken eggs but I did have some luck with it and did hatch chicks. It was my first bator and my family was poor at the time and that's all they could afford to get me. My next one my parents got me was a used hovabator that we bought for $20 at a yard sale (yeah still very poor at the time) and it was already twelve years old when I got it. It was a still air model, haveing no fan, and had to hand turn every egg but will have to say it worked awesome for many years and gave me several good hatches so I have stuck with that brand to this day for an economical styrofoam bator and still have very good luck with them.

Octagon 20 is a fantastic high end incubator. Exotic bird breeders have used them for years with great success....they are fairly unknown in the poultry world because chicken eggs seldom require the precision of that unit...but that just means it is better. Excellent choice!

That's too bad. I'm soo sorry that you lost so many eggs! Sorry I just had to ask about candling since I have replied to people before wondering why their eggs hadn't hatched. I ask them if they candled it and they were like "no i hadn't thought of that!" .

I ordered the Octagon 20 as well - I'm hoping it arrives *before* the eggs do, but if it doesn't, I have the hova bator waiting for them, too (just in case).

Any *good* news about your remaining eggers?

That's too bad. I'm soo sorry that you lost so many eggs! Sorry I just had to ask about candling since I have replied to people before wondering why their eggs hadn't hatched. I ask them if they candled it and they were like "no i hadn't thought of that!" .
Yeah it does and that's ok, understandable. I can't not candle them, love seeing them.

Back
Top Bottom