How long

So, now all the eggs that are supposed to be hatching have a stinch to them.. Not BIG, but still a stinch.. Smells like as if someone had a bad stinky gas and went over to them and farted on them. Does this mean they are bad?

21 days is normal....add two more for large breeds (jersey giants, javas). Subtract two for tiny breeds like serama. Any longer and it means temperature issues which will mean development and survival issues.

Get rid of stinky eggs immediately, as they can affect other eggs. Are they actually in an incubator?

21 days is normal....add two more for large breeds (jersey giants, javas). Subtract two for tiny breeds like serama. Any longer and it means temperature issues which will mean development and survival issues.
Get rid of stinky eggs immediately, as they can affect other eggs. Are they actually in an incubator?
No. They are not. mine broke and just got in my new one and am regulating it.. So I need to get rid of all the ones that were supposed to hatch? They are the ones stinking

You can candle them first to be sure, but I have never sen a stinky egg hatch.

The stink comes from the rot inside the egg...as the gas expands, it leaks out the pores in the egg. When enough gas builds up, the egg pops. :/. Not a good situation.

This is so very sad. I'm sorry about your little chickies in the stinky eggs. I hope with all hopes that at least one little chick out of the others will miraculously hatch for you!!
caf.gif

Thanks! I actually just got in my new incubator and since the instructions stated that it needed to sit for a few hours to regulate before putting the eggs in, then I did and now put them in, so hopefully they will. I put the other 4 with my outside hen's because they'd have a better chance with them, they didn't fit in the incubator (wasn't anymore room)

Back
Top Bottom