How loud are the different breeds of roosters from quietest to loudest

my bantam black rosecomb is dear. He calls his babies over for food....so sweet and my neighbors keep asking me what that other noise is. They hear one loud crow -my bantam cochin(still not as loud as a standar sized) and one little noise that sounds like something they've never hear.

It's kinda like...a-ooo-wa and that's it!! But he sticks his chest waaay out says it with such conviction
lol.png

Our banties are loud. Maybe not as loud as the standards but the standards do not crow at all hours of the day and night. I get up in the middle of the night and low and behold they ar crowing out there in the dark. Thank goodness we are out in the sticks. Our closest neighbor is my daughter so I don't have to worry lol I never knew banties were that noisy. I love the way our standard barred cochin crows. He does the cockle doodle doo but the doo is dragged out really long. The first time i heard it a week or so ago (hes only 24 weeks) I had to stop and watch to see who it was.

Dont know about loudness but the difference in the pitch, usually the bigger the rooster the lower pitch, my seramas are just little squeakers, but I would not call it quiet!

:cafDoes the size of the chicken necessarily mean that it will be have a quieter crow?

Back
Top Bottom