Votes: 6 5.0%
  • 5 Dogs

Votes: 4 3.4%
  • I've lost countšŸ˜‚

Votes: 6 5.0%
  • Other

Votes: 11 9.2%

• Total voters
I would have to do 1-2 for the contract because even our vet recommended that ours isnt fixed until 1 -2years old. One person wrote back and he only wants english cream goldens bred with his dog. I dont quite understand becasue they get money either way and the pups will all be sent to good homes and i would also put in the contract that if they can not be cared for anymore that they could be returned to me or to a trusted person and not to a shelter. Hopefully i find a stud!
Well I guess I was just referencing an age. We didnā€™t do much looking into it as far as that goes because we just decided to keep them all. But anyway, that really sucks. I donā€™t get what the big deal would be. Unless because the dads name would follow these little guys and ā€œruinā€ his dog. That is just silly though.

@FBMcrazy8
Its great that you and your family are willing to keep the entire litter, but I would use this time while they are still small to start preparing for the life stages to come. With 6 large breed littermates, you have more than just 6 pets, you have a pack... and that may not always be a good thing.
Maybe you've kept this many littermates before and are totally prepared, but if not, do your research now. Each one will need daily one-on-one (away from littermates) attention, training, and play time. Individual and regular socialization will be crucial too. If you can't meet these (considerable) needs they could bond more strongly with each other than with you and care less about pleasing you or doing what you say. Lack of that one on one time and socialization can also amplify fear or aggression responses because you are not working daily to correct those and they have each other to boost confidence rather than building their own. Essentially, you could have a group of large breed dogs more fluent in "dog" than "human" (if that makes any sense, lol) and that could be unpredictable at times and even dangerous.
I would suggest reading up on "littermate syndrome".

Our family welcomed a pair of English mastiff littermates into our home in the spring. They are absolutely wonderful, but even with just two, there have been challenges.

Not in any way trying to preach or change your mind... just be aware that getting a litter of 6 Rotties through puppyhood to well adjusted adulthood (and beyond) is going to be a full time job.
Good luck and love the pictures! šŸ„°

Last edited:
Well I guess I was just referencing an age. We didnā€™t do much looking into it as far as that goes because we just decided to keep them all. But anyway, that really sucks. I donā€™t get what the big deal would be. Unless because the dads name would follow these little guys and ā€œruinā€ his dog. That is just silly though.
Yea it is, there is a actual breeder by us but they are amish and they seem kinda like a puppy mill so i wont breed my girl with them.

@FBMcrazy8
Its great that you and your family are willing to keep the entire litter, but I would use this time while they are still small to start preparing for the life stages to come. With 6 large breed littermates, you have more than just 6 pets, you have a pack... and that may not always be a good thing.
Maybe you've kept this many littermates before and are totally prepared, but if not, do your research now. Each one will need daily one-on-one (away from littermates) attention, training, and play time. Individual and regular socialization will be crucial too. If you can't meet these (considerable) needs they could bond more strongly with each other than with you and care less about pleasing you or doing what you say. Lack of that one on one time and socialization can also amplify fear or aggression responses because you are not working daily to correct those and they have each other to boost confidence rather than building their own. Essentially, you could have a group of large breed dogs more fluent in "dog" than "human" (if that makes any sense, lol) and that could be unpredictable at times and even dangerous.

Our family welcomed a pair of English mastiff littermates into our home in the spring. They are absolutely wonderful, but even with just two, there have been challenges.

Not in any way trying to preach or change your mind... just be aware that getting a litter of 6 Rotties through puppyhood to well adjusted adulthood (and beyond) is going to be a full time job.
That would be a lot to take care of at once with on person. Good luck! And dog you have any pictures of the puppies @FBMcrazy8 ?

@FBMcrazy8

That would be a lot to take care of at once with on person. Good luck! And dog you have any pictures of the puppies @FBMcrazy8 ?
I am aware but it is more than just me. There is 6 kids ranging from 15-2yrs old and myself and husband. Plus there is family around. They will be well loved and well taken care of.

I added some on here a few pages ago of the puppies but I am always happy to share more.

Attachments

• D10E8157-0933-4E70-9635-4A7894A67789.jpeg
    D10E8157-0933-4E70-9635-4A7894A67789.jpeg
    532.5 KB · Views: 3
  • 2F52B9B1-E912-4B55-A4C8-5DA6846CE304.jpeg
    2F52B9B1-E912-4B55-A4C8-5DA6846CE304.jpeg
    647.1 KB · Views: 3
  • D611A9D7-338C-4E2B-A712-F266645C5C99.jpeg
    D611A9D7-338C-4E2B-A712-F266645C5C99.jpeg
    224.3 KB · Views: 3
  • 360F47DD-CFCA-4198-A336-2E3D85357182.jpeg
    360F47DD-CFCA-4198-A336-2E3D85357182.jpeg
    646.5 KB · Views: 3
Yeah I donā€™t blame you! Someone awesome will come along, donā€™t give up!
Lets hope soon. We think she may be going into heat again.
I am aware but it is more than just me. There is 6 kids ranging from 15-2yrs old and myself and husband. Plus there is family around. They will be well loved and well taken care of.

I added some on here a few pages ago of the puppies but I am always happy to share more.
They are adorable! I would only have 5 people and a few other people to help with pups.

Lets hope soon. We think she may be going into heat again.

They are adorable! I would only have 5 people and a few other people to help with pups.
Yeah, I have our 8 person family plus my mom and dad, who I guess are discussing a puppy. Today my mom told me she told my step dad to think about it because he would have to be the one to care for it (her, cause I already know my mom will want a girl) because she will be at work most of the time. Plus my sister and her older 3 boys. And then I also would have my brother and sister-in-law and their 2 girls. But really I think our 8 person family will be just fine. 6 puppies and 6 kids, a puppy a kid if we wanted to go that way with it. My 2 year old is so good with them and he just loves them. We got momma THE same week we found out I was pregnant with him and they have basically grown up together. Granted he will need help with the puppies but it will be a-okay!

Back
Top Bottom