How many birds can my coop hold? *Pics*

How many square feet in the coop? Divide that by 4.

How many square feet in the run? Divide that by 10.

Note: Corner roosts appeal to our human sense of aesthetics and efficiency but they are not good for chickens because the end spaces are too close to the wall to be of any use. :)

How many square feet in the coop? Divide that by 4.

How many square feet in the run? Divide that by 10.

Note: Corner roosts appeal to our human sense of aesthetics and efficiency but they are not good for chickens because the end spaces are too close to the wall to be of any use. :)
Do you have any guesses on how many can fit by just looking at it?

That would be an excellent idea -- my chickens seem to love having a "porch" area where they can hang out in partial shelter from sun or rain without being actually inside the coop.
I did have a tarp like awning arrangement but it didn't last long in the windy weather and tarp ended up falling apart. So I need to work out how to build a permanent one.
This was last year.. just kept raining 🌧️

IMG20210115101903.jpg

I did have a tarp like awning arrangement but it didn't last long in the windy weather and tarp ended up falling apart. So I need to work out how to build a permanent one.
This was last year.. just kept raining 🌧️

View attachment 2873830

Yeah, sun degrades tarp quickly.

I have been very pleasantly surprised to discover just how easy it is to work with metal roofing -- using self-tapping screws and a cordless impact driver.

Yeah, sun degrades tarp quickly.

I have been very pleasantly surprised to discover just how easy it is to work with metal roofing -- using self-tapping screws and a cordless impact driver.
Yes I agree. We've done a lot of that for our meat chicken enclosure s. The only problem is the price...

Back
Top Bottom