How many broodies do you have?

I have 3 at the moment, out of 5 hens. One, a mixed breed, hatched 4 chicks, and is a wonderful mother.

Another mixed breed (sister to the first) is sitting on 8 eggs. She was recently joined on the nest by a Dominique hen. They have split the eggs up between them. Six days to go on those eggs.

Edited to add: Miss Prissy, do you want one of my new chickies? I have a line of broodies here!

Last edited:
We finally have one I do believe she is smack flat on those eggs. Does not get up and she is a Rhode Island Red which I hear is very unusuall. I still want a Buff Orpington but do not want buy 25 hens to get one cause I just ain't got the room. So, keeping fingers crossed for chickies. I think we will have to turn our coop into a 3 room set up.

I have two right now, both within days of each other. One of my Light Brahma's is on about 12 eggs. And one of my OGEB Sliverduckwings is setting about eight. Have little over a week to go. Can hardly wait. Dutchman.

I can't wait either,,,21 days will bring me to May 17 from when I noticed her sitting on the nest. This will be my first natural hatch and the waiting seems like it is going to be forever! She is my only broody. What a good girl.

Back
Top Bottom