How many broodies do you have?

Corey NC

Songster
12 Years
Mar 28, 2007
North Carolina
I am just curious who has the most broodies right now. I have 4 at the moment three very broody buff orps (one that has been broody once already this year) and 1 7 month old chochin who's been laying for barely a month.

So, how many broodies do you have?

I have 4 mommas with a total of 30 chick.

On empty nests that I need to break I have 2 Standard Buff Cochins, a Standard Black Cochin, 2 bantam Black Cochins, 1 Mutt bantam, and a Frizzle bantam.

So, that would be 11.

Matt

I have 1 and she is my first. I am like MissPrissy, I never have any broody hens but this year I do. She is a White Rock and I so hope that she stays on the nest, today is day 7 so Speckled Hen and I will be neck and neck. Yesterday when she got up to eat and drink I happened to see her and looked in,,,there are 16 eggs all shapes and colors. So who knows what is what,,,just hoping I get some chicks on my own this spring.
smile.png

I have 3 blue/black/splash Broodies....one I'm letting set some blue/black/splash, the other two are setting on air
wink.png

So far, I have ya'll beat. I have a flock of 15 laying hens, including 5 tiny little year old banty hens I beleive to be D'Anver Quail and two other banty hens. Of those, all 5 of the D'Anver's and one of the other banties is broody. For a grand total of 6.

I let the one banty hen have a clutch of 10 eggs, 2 of which I thought 'might' be fertile. One of those two disappeared, and the remaining one has hatched.

I have one light brahma that usually goes broody every year. She is a great mom once the peeps hatch. She is priceless in my opinion, and hope she raises some more again this year for me.

It is a wonderful experience to watch mom and the peeps. The new unheard sounds she provides them as she teaches them new things is nature in it's finest moments.

bigzio

Back
Top Bottom