How many chickens allowed in Vista, Ca?

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Chicky16, Dec 27, 2013.

1. Chicky16

Chicky16 New Egg

Dec 27, 2013
    Hi Everyone,

My family and I are moving with our two chickens to Vista, Ca. in a few weeks. I am pretty sure we are allowed to have our chickens, but I am having a tough time getting any information on zoning from the City of Vista website. We currently live in Leucadia where we can have quite a few and our Vista property is somewhat rural in the 92083 zip code. Does anyone know? We would like to get a few more if we can.

Thanks in advance!

2. 1muttsfan

1muttsfan Overrun With Chickens

Mar 26, 2011
    Upper Peninsula Michigan
    Hi and welcome to BYC from northern Michigan [​IMG]

You might try posting in one of the California threads - look in the Where am I - Where are you section of the Forum. The best source of information would be your local zoning entity, you may have to call them - personally I would recommend doing this anonymously.

3. Mr MKK FARMS

Mr MKK FARMS Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Sep 27, 2012
    Welcome to BYC! Glad you joined us! [​IMG]

4. TwoCrows

TwoCrows Show me the way old friend... Staff Member

Mar 21, 2011
    New Mexico, USA
    My Coop
    [​IMG] to BYC!

5. Chicky16

Chicky16 New Egg

Dec 27, 2013
    Thank you!! I will take your advice and much appreciated!

6. gander007

gander007 Chicken Obsessed

Big X2 on the where am I - Where are you [​IMG]
    First things First [​IMG] glad to have you on board and there is a lot of information here if you look [​IMG]

I have people from craigslist buying chickens from me as fare south as San Diego and with out the big city I could not afford to feed my flock as their buying my chicks really cuts back on my annual feed bill but from what I get up to three hens if for pet's if they are food different story that is where the rules come in and the big rule is having a rooster for some reason some people do not appreciate a good roo at 3 AM where the rest of us could not live with out it ........
    [​IMG]

Sometimes it is easer to ask for forgiveness then permission [​IMG]

gander007 [​IMG]

7. Chicky16

Chicky16 New Egg

Dec 27, 2013
    Hi Gander,

Yep, I posted in the "where I am, where are you" as well. I am hearing a lot of information from other people having 5 or more chickens. We would like to have maybe 3 more, as we already have the two. Might just wait until they pass to get the chicks. Appreciate your help!

8. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Welcome to BYC - congratulations on your new home, and good luck with the move.

9. Kelsie2290

Kelsie2290 True BYC Addict Premium Member

Feb 18, 2011
    Ohio
    Hello :frow Welcome To BYC and Happy Holidays!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by