How many chickens are allowed in unincorporated Cook County, IL?

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by jimkathy, Jun 25, 2014.

1. jimkathy

jimkathy Hatching

Jun 25, 2014
    I found out there is no ordinance in unincorporated Cook County prohibiting chickens and was told by Animal Control Dept. they are allowed. The question is how many? Building and Zoning is saying you cannot have more than 3 pets per residence and they are saying chickens fall under that ordinance. I have a hearing tomorrow morning regarding this and want to know if anyone can help?

2. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years.

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    what part of unincorporated Cook county are you in? I think Cook country is pretty big in all directions. Maybe the town or suburb you are closest to has jurisdiction.

It's not likely that anyone in your area is going to see this in enough time to be of help. Not many people follow the "new membersL thread except for the usual greeters ( me for instance).

IT would be better to have started a thread where it would attract attention . Maybe a moderator
    could move this to the area that covers ordinances for various states/town/ etc.

3. Kelsie2290

Kelsie2290 Free Ranging

Feb 18, 2011
    Ohio
  4. TwoCrows

TwoCrows Bird is the word

Mar 21, 2011
    New Mexico, USA
    My Coop
    [​IMG]

Welcome to BYC!

Good luck with the board meeting and I hope you can get a flock of chickens soon!

5. Alright [​IMG] great to have you joining the BYC flock [​IMG]

BYC has a very useful learning center [​IMG]

I do not have any pets on mu property but I do have Live Stock and my feed bill is just over $ 200 a month so I do have a bit of poultry ........

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: