How Many Chickens Can a Bantam Hen Handle?

Quote:
Silkie roos have been known to adopt young chicks. I read this on Feathersite. Not sure how reliable it is though
wink.png

They make wonderful mothers and I've known a silkie rooster to steal a brood of very young chicks and raise them himself -- this is a very nurturing breed!​

Quote:
Not a Troll or Child. I just wanted to see if anyone else has done something like this. I've decided not to try it. I worry way to much about my Hen. I'll raise all the chicks that were hatched in the incubator in a brooder. Much less worries.

Quote:
Not a Troll or Child. I just wanted to see if anyone else has done something like this. I've decided not to try it. I worry way to much about my Hen. I'll raise all the chicks that were hatched in the incubator in a brooder. Much less worries.

Good call!
thumbsup.gif

And pictures will be needed
wink.png

Thanks CO, I have a pair of black silkies (age unknown) and 9 silkie chicks that are all in the same brooder split by cardboard and the roo keeps pokin his head over so we decided to let the hen see one and she showed no interest at all.....maybe tonight we'll let them bond. Thanks for your help

I just have to say that i dont think the original question was so unreasonable! of course it would be easier to have all the chicks together. i have 25 chicks coming and one broody hen and i want to put them all with her. i think if the environment was warmish it would work, personally. once i had 30 chicks and our power went out for two weeks and all they had was a big hot water bottle that i would change once in the middle of the night and they ALL lived.
ALSO, ya'll dont have to be rude!

Back
Top Bottom