How many chickens can you have?

Pics
I don't think there is a rule where I live. I HOPE not! I have 13 birds at the moment. I also have a rooster and I know those aren't allowed, but no one has noticed yet. :)

As per the last time the ordinance was discussed in 2013 "There, an unlimited number of chickens and roosters can be kept in structures over 50 square feet that are 30 feet from a property line and 100 feet from a neighbor’s dwelling."

We have a fluctuating number of birds, but 6-8 layers is the norm plus around a dozen meaties.

I'm in the burbs outside of Portland, literally a suburban neighborhood surrounded by schools and neighboring houses, but considered "unincorporated." I'm sure my neighbors aren't fond of the roosters that crow til it's time to go to freezer camp, but after a year no one has said a thing...

We are zoned agricultural, so theoretically unlimited. But we usually have no more than 24 at a time, plus however many feral chickens traipse through the property. We currently have 16 pullets plus a young feral rooster with an outstanding pair of air sacs. He sleeps in an oak tree, and starts crowing at 0400 HRS, every day.

He's cheap to feed, though!

My parents have a limit unless I’m paying for them but I don’t know if our County does. We are planning to move soon anyway so I also don’t care 😂 But my rule is that they have enough space and are not over crowded. So as long as I’m paying as many as I have room for 🤣🤣

Back
Top Bottom