How many chickens can you have?

My town lets you have up to six max. Currently, I have three. Started with six but one got bullied to death and I culled the two bullies. I like my small flock of three, they give me enough eggs, which is why I have chickens to begin with, no chicken math here!

Same here. I added on to the coop, so I could have more. :lau When the chicks come in June, I'll be up to 9. I don't see a need for any more... she said, innocently...
Yeah, I have an 8x12 coop in the works. In addition to the one I have which is too small for what I have now. Thankfully the winter run is mostly enclosed and can double as an open air coop during the summer and I have tractors I can use. Summer run is 164 feet of electric poultry fence, which, when combined with the barn wall, gives me 2000 square feet. 17 hens, 6 pullets, one rooster, and 24 chicks between 1 and 4 weeks old. All but one cockerel from the little chicks will go to freezer camp when the time is right, and I will sell all but 3-4 of the pullets, so long term housing isn't an issue there. Plus, I have 4 older hens that will be rehome either to the freezer or another flock. Chicken math has to work both ways. I can't keep building coops or I will be forced to live in one.

I really don't know. One thing I read said 6 (or 10, I don't recall exactly) hens, no roos on any residential lot. Another thing I read talked about 20 (or 30, again IDR) per acre. They really could make it more clear as to what is allowed.

I do have 12 hens and 1 roo. And recently bought an incubator. With any luck, I'll get 3 pullets and be able to sell the rest.

My town is figuring out farm animal laws and ordinances now.

I have 15 chickens, and 2 ducks. 2 of the chickens are roosters. I am adopting 2 more hens soon too. I hope the flock is all allowed! 😅
Well theoretically if you have them before its passed, you should be grandfathered in

Back
Top Bottom