How many chickens can you have?

Pics
What about nesting/food/water. Lost space. Mine is about that size, though they only use it for sleeping, nesting, and eating.
The nesting boxes are on the outside (the dimensions exclude the nesting boxes) Food and water is in the run.
8F1F788E-F2AA-48D0-8EEC-B715E61D65BB.jpeg
3F1C57EC-2A91-4D3B-B305-46D334BE6C80.jpeg
12E95AB8-B297-40B5-895C-2399AB4329EF.jpeg

Legally speaking, we are allowed 1 hen per 1,000 sq ft of property. Our lot is a little over 10,000 sq ft, so 10 hens is our "limit". We currently have 14 chicks though...we've talked to most of our close neighbors, everyone is happy to have them here (especially if I'm willing to share eggs). Unless someone calls animal control, I don't think they'll notice the "extra" 4.

Along the lines of when we rented in another city. Homeowners agreed we could have our cat and our dog. Then, we kept a kitten we fostered and had 2 cats. The homeowner was horrible at just showing up in pur backyard, even after we had talked to the management company multiple times about them trespassing on the property we were paying for. I came home one day to find the husband IN our house! That broke the camel's back and I changed every lock in the house. I did tell the management place I was doing it and exactly why...the home owner's only response was "why are there 2 cats in the house"...so, I told them we were pet sitting for my mother. They were horrible to rent from, always coming over...complaining that I changed the flower beds around (well duh) and had the nerve to demand I leave my rhubarb plants behind when we moved "because the wife had always wanted rhubarb"! When I dug them up and potted them for our 400 mile move was when I discovered the thief who had been coming into our yard to pick my rhubarb was the wife thinking she had a right to my plants because they owned the property!

TL:DR...I have "10". :lol:

Legally speaking, we are allowed 1 hen per 1,000 sq ft of property. Our lot is a little over 10,000 sq ft, so 10 hens is our "limit". We currently have 14 chicks though...we've talked to most of our close neighbors, everyone is happy to have them here (especially if I'm willing to share eggs). Unless someone calls animal control, I don't think they'll notice the "extra" 4.

Along the lines of when we rented in another city. Homeowners agreed we could have our cat and our dog. Then, we kept a kitten we fostered and had 2 cats. The homeowner was horrible at just showing up in pur backyard, even after we had talked to the management company multiple times about them trespassing on the property we were paying for. I came home one day to find the husband IN our house! That broke the camel's back and I changed every lock in the house. I did tell the management place I was doing it and exactly why...the home owner's only response was "why are there 2 cats in the house"...so, I told them we were pet sitting for my mother. They were horrible to rent from, always coming over...complaining that I changed the flower beds around (well duh) and had the nerve to demand I leave my rhubarb plants behind when we moved "because the wife had always wanted rhubarb"! When I dug them up and potted them for our 400 mile move was when I discovered the thief who had been coming into our yard to pick my rhubarb was the wife thinking she had a right to my plants because they owned the property!

OMELF

WOW!!! That is trespassing and beyond. Those are the type of people you want to stay away from, can't imagine what their capable of behind closed doors. The fact that he got into your house without your permission. 🤯 Well my neighbor has two pigs and isn't supposed to have any, we have never called about them and have been here for four years. However, it is the only neighbor I can think of that would call the city about our chickens ( even though we can have them ).

Back
Top Bottom