How many chickens can you have?

Pics
WOW!!! That is trespassing and beyond. Those are the type of people you want to stay away from, can't imagine what their capable of behind closed doors. The fact that he got into your house without your permission. 🤯 Well my neighbor has two pigs and isn't supposed to have any, we have never called about them and have been here for four years. However, it is the only neighbor I can think of that would call the city about our chickens ( even though we can have them ).
I had a neighbor (in an apartment) that had ducks! She had a little pool in her living room for them,lol. None of us were supposed to have animals, we had a couple of cats. I think every single person there had at least one pet, most were like lizards and fish though.

I had a neighbor (in an apartment) that had ducks! She had a little pool in her living room for them,lol. None of us were supposed to have animals, we had a couple of cats. I think every single person there had at least one pet, most were like lizards and fish though.
A duck with a pool is close enough to a fish...

A duck with a pool is close enough to a fish...
She worked at Walmart and would give us the "wink" when we were there to buy food/litter. Honestly, I didn't even know she was a neighbor or that she had ducks! If she hadn't said anything to me, I'd never have known...I also didn't know we weren't supposed to have cats, my (ex) husband had them before I moved in, so I was wholly unaware that it was a "no pets" building.

My first house was a duplex, so I lived in the lower apartment and rented the top one out.
I had a tenant (2 adults and 2 children) who signed a lease that stated no pets. But they were open and stated they had a cat, so we wrote in the lease that they could have one cat.
One day I noticed a freshly planted grove of bamboo in the back yard, upon farther inspection there was a large tortoise in the bamboo. I figured what the hell (years later the neighbors down the street were having a fit because the bamboo took over the whole neighborhood).
Then we found out the cat was pregnant when they moved in.
Shortly after giving birth to a litter of cute kitties, the neighborhood kids were running around looking under houses and up in trees. There was a sign posted in front of my house that stated there was a reward for the iguana that had escaped from an open upstairs window at my house!
It finally rolled to a close when we realized they also had a dog. We found this out when dog pee started dripping from the ceiling of our livingroom.
So be careful when someone says " well we only have one very quite kitty " when renting out an apartment.

If I lived 5 streets further down I could have a horse, a goat, and no limit on chickens. However I'm just outside that agricultural zone and considered residential 😐. So no Roosters and 7 hens. I have 14 currently, but one is a Roo that's getting a new home on Thursday, and 10 are chicks that haven't been approved for permanent residency. So I have 2 hens, 😆.
There's no regulations on quail so I have, 7 in a breeder aviary and 7 in the brooder, and 21 in the incubator.
We have a few acres about 45 min from our house, but no house built yet. I can't wait to get out of the city!

If I lived 5 streets further down I could have a horse, a goat, and no limit on chickens. However I'm just outside that agricultural zone and considered residential 😐. So no Roosters and 7 hens. I have 14 currently, but one is a Roo that's getting a new home on Thursday, and 10 are chicks that haven't been approved for permanent residency. So I have 2 hens, 😆.
There's no regulations on quail so I have, 7 in a breeder aviary and 7 in the brooder, and 21 in the incubator.
We have a few acres about 45 min from our house, but no house built yet. I can't wait to get out of the city!
How are you going to make your selection from the 10 chicks, who stays and who goes based on what? Because we have currently more then our limit but their just chicks so my plan is to keep the friendlier ones or ones I have a bond with.

Side note: today I told my husband how I’m fine with re homing our brown leghorn chick because it’s flighty, skittish, and hates me even after 4 weeks under my care (it’s 6 weeks old though). Long and behold, today the brown leghorn, named Hazel, decided to jump on my shoulder out of the blue while I was sitting down by them. FIRST TIME ever she came to me!!! Pretty sure she heard me talking how I might give her the boot earlier in the day. Sooooo now Hazel gets to stay. 😂😅

Back
Top Bottom