Votes: 2 3.3%
  • 31-40

Votes: 6 10.0%
  • 41-50

Votes: 2 3.3%
  • 50+

Votes: 4 6.7%

• Total voters
What breed to you raise? I am keeping my old coop for breeding purposes. I have a Maran pair and several Maran/EE crosses and an Ameraucana. I’d like to make my own F1 and F2 olive eggers and pure bred Marans. I am starting small for now! The remaining flock are my “rainbow flock.”
Good plan.
The coops page has a link for large coops. Some will house 150 or more chickens.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/articles/categories/large-coops.20/?page=3
I raise Black Penedesencas. They are the dual purpose variety of Penedesencas.

Please tell me he actually knows the correct amount 😂😂😂
Well I mean more than 10 chickens come to him for daily treats. Plus he sees the babies in the basement. So..... if he can't count, well he just doesn't need to know 🤷‍♀️🤣🤣🤣 although he did ask me how many was in the basement the other day. I was like I dont know, but do you REALLY want to know?!? He knows, I'll give some away to friends. But we go through the chicken match every spring - summer! 😂😂😂

Well I mean more than 10 chickens come to him for daily treats. Plus he sees the babies in the basement. So..... if he can't count, well he just doesn't need to know 🤷‍♀️🤣🤣🤣 although he did ask me how many was in the basement the other day. I was like I dont know, but do you REALLY want to know?!? He knows, I'll give some away to friends. But we go through the chicken match every spring - summer! 😂😂😂

I'm not sure anyone in my house knows the correct number except for myself, so I know what you mean. I am secretly saving some eggs for a broody too... Shhh....

I'm not sure anyone in my house knows the correct number except for myself, so I know what you mean. I am secretly saving some eggs for a broody too... Shhh....
I had a black snake ruin my hatch under my broody. On flipping hatch day too! I wont let my girl have anymore till next spring. I got 14 babies in the basement. Thinning my roosters today. So my numbers will drop a few birds.

Back
Top Bottom