How Many College Grads.......

BS from Worcester Polytechnic Institute in MA.
Mechanical Engineering, Design
Retired

Raising chickens now.
wink.png

Started at NC State, dropped out and went to work. Met my wife, then kids. Got a crazy idea to go back to school. Got an Associates in Mechanical Engineering Technology then went to Western Carolina and got a BS in Engineering. I am currently a Lead Designer, so yes I'm in my field. Got into call ducks as a hobby for the kids, now turned crazy....or obsessive back yard farm!

My undergrad is Equine Science (B.S. in Equine Science; science concentration)
I am sorta working in the field (animal science related)
Went to Colorado State University

Grad is in Forensic Toxicology (M.S. in veterinary medical sciences)
Not in the field unless you count the book I wrote about forensic science
Went to the University of Florida

Quote:
Oooh! Do you do any isotope ratio mass spec work?

I used oxygen and hydrogen isotope data for my undergrad thesis (compared geochemistry of several hot springs); however, our mass spec was down, so we had to send the samples out. My master's thesis is more soils-based (infiltration rates related to groundwater recharge in a desert environment), but there are other grad students that are specifically looking at the O and H isotopes to characterize one of the groundwater basins here in Southern California. They'll be using the mass spec here on campus and have a backup plan at another university if this one fails. Why do mass specs have to be so finicky! Well, I'll give my undergrad university credit since it wasn't their fault...a building contractor caught the room on fire, salvaged the mass spec, put it in another room, then flooded it.
idunno.gif
barnie.gif
Needless to say, the departments was kinda ticked.

We have a lot of intelligent people here.

Bachelor of Arts, University of Utah , 1983
Major: Biology
Minor: Spanish

Doctor of Dental Surgery, Marquette, 1987

Continuing ED: at least 24 hours per year...

Waiting for another degree from the never ending learning process... here at BYC!

Will it take 4 years?

Back
Top Bottom