How many days in a row have you had a hen lay?

redoak

Songster
11 Years
Feb 27, 2008
Russia, NY
How many days in a row have you had a hen lay an egg? I only have 1 hen laying so it's easy to keep track of at this point. Mrs. Brown a buff orpington laid eggs for 6 days in a row, then took Monday off.

I can't help much...I got my first egg yesterday and my second one today. I have 4 hens the same age and I'm not sure who is laying them. Today's egg was in a different nest box than yesterday's...you think its the same hen?

Seems like yours is doing well...6 days in a row!
D.gif

~Rebecca

No idea, but that's because I've got multiple hens laying the same colored eggs. All I know is that at one point in the winter, my one leghorn hen was laying half the eggs collected... and I had about 8 "active" brown layers in that particular tractor/coop!

I have a goldline that laid her first egg on the 24th June and has laid every day since..that's 50 eggs without a break. The eggs are small but it still must be a strain on the poor little soul.

I have one polish that lays 6 days a week. The other polish lays 4

I have one BO that lays every day and another that lays 3-4 days a week

My speckled sussex just started laying five days ago, but has laid every single day.

My SLW started two weeks ago and lays every other day so far.

When my blackstar girls were in their prime- they would lay from March-December non-stop...big beeee-utiful dark brown eggs!

They are older now, so when they are laying it's about 5 days a week, one stopped laying last year and never restarted.

Lily my muttster hen is laying every other day now, and my new RIR girl Willie has layed 4 out of the 5 days we've had her.

The older girls start later, about May and end earlier now about September. I have one blackstar that went into a moult already and stopped.

We just got chickens this year and our hatchery Delaware laid 17 days in a row. I know this for sure because our other 3 hens STILL are not laying and we would go out every day to check who was on the nest during egg time and listen for her song. Poor Marshmallow is doing all the work. Previous to that, she would lay 7 days, then take a day off. No idea what triggered the landslide in the middle of November.

Back
Top Bottom