How many days to treat sour crop with acidified copper sulfate?

Thank you. Probably the poop is green and watery because of the remnants of the flush and not eating regular feed yet. Have you offered intermediate foods such as applesauce, boiled rice and egg? You can also tube a "meal" of raw egg and yogurt into her to jump start her appetite. Include Poultry Nutri-drench in the feeding.

Also, start giving her a probiotic tablet each day for the next few days to get her gut re-colonized with good microbes. Acidophillus is my preference.

Thank you. Probably the poop is green and watery because of the remnants of the flush and not eating regular feed yet. Have you offered intermediate foods such as applesauce, boiled rice and egg? You can also tube a "meal" of raw egg and yogurt into her to jump start her appetite. Include Poultry Nutri-drench in the feeding.

Also, start giving her a probiotic tablet each day for the next few days to get her gut re-colonized with good microbes. Acidophillus is my preference.
You don’t think she has a bacterial infection then? I’m just concerned about the smell being fishy. She hasn’t cleared everything yet and if she’s still backed up my vet said he will open up her crop and clean her out Monday afternoon. I can tell she doesn’t feel well. She still won’t drink on her own. It rained here today and she would only go outside and drink from where rain is coming down the spout. She won’t drink from her water. I bought her a cat water that is styled like a fountain hoping she’ll drink it. Just not sure about this fishy smell. If it’s from the yeast then she could be eat up with it.

Are you old enough to have had a colonoscopy yet? If not, boy are you in for a treat at some future point. The intestinal cleansing solution is a gallon of something very similar to what you tubed into this chicken as a flush. It has a somewhat fishy smell to it, probably because of the mineral salts. Bacterial infection would smell more like road kill.

Have you set up the copper sulfate water? It will continue to act on the yeast. It's important to try to get some food into her to get her crop moving, and probiotics to refurbish her intestines.

I’m hoping to start the copper sulfate tmrw when her fountain comes. Hopefully she will drink. Nope haven’t had a colonoscopy yet but I’m old enough. Husband has had multiple since he lost his mother to colon cancer and I’ve seen what he’s gone through. I’ve got her on probiotics already. She did pass some pieces of hay so she may have quite the little ball in her. Abdomen feels fine and don’t feel a distended gizzard or anything. Hoping she can get it out and won’t require surgery.

I’m hoping to start the copper sulfate tmrw when her fountain comes. Hopefully she will drink. Nope haven’t had a colonoscopy yet but I’m old enough. Husband has had multiple since he lost his mother to colon cancer and I’ve seen what he’s gone through. I’ve got her on probiotics already. She did pass some pieces of hay so she may have quite the little ball in her. Abdomen feels fine and don’t feel a distended gizzard or anything. Hoping she can get it out and won’t require surgery.
Oh and I did start her back on the miconazole three pieces three times a day until I get her back on copper sulfate. She still smells yeast breath though.

Are you old enough to have had a colonoscopy yet? If not, boy are you in for a treat at some future point. The intestinal cleansing solution is a gallon of something very similar to what you tubed into this chicken as a flush. It has a somewhat fishy smell to it, probably because of the mineral salts. Bacterial infection would smell more like road kill.

Have you set up the copper sulfate water? It will continue to act on the yeast. It's important to try to get some food into her to get her crop moving, and probiotics to refurbish her intestines.
Well now I’ve got a new problem. I have been monitoring her for dehydration and she had been fine but bc she drank so little from the gutter spout I watched her and she’s got tenting of the foot pads. Her crop is still squishy like a water balloon smaller than tennis ball. So I guess all the liquid stool is pulling from her bloodstream into the colon. I’m going to give her some fluids in her crop. I think some water is getting through but some is just soured and refuses to empty. I won’t be doing anymore flushes. Thankfully I only did one today since she wouldn’t drink much.

It's okay to eat the eggs. Here's more info.
https://www.homesteadingtoday.com/threads/copper-sulfate-for-poultry-pests.512630/

Since the copper sulfate has been acidified, no, you must not use a metal drinker.
That was an informative post as I did not know that ACS can be used for internal & external parasites as well. I just want to confirm that it is also in fact good for treating sour crop with diarrhea. Can you confirm? I have tried everything on her & she still has diarrhea with ground up feed mash in it.

Let's have you start a thread and describe in detail what's going on with her, when it began, details related to it, her age, your location, pics of the hen and pics of her poop.

Talking about ACS without understanding the issue we're trying to treat isn't going to get us far. Go back to the title page of this forum and click on "post a thread". Mention me and I'll respond.

Back
Top Bottom