How many doubles???

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by smokeykk, Nov 23, 2011.

1. smokeykk

smokeykk Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 15, 2011
    Pennsylvania
    [​IMG] There are threads about single yolkers how many you have gotten per day. How about how many double yolkers you have ever gotten? I have gotten 2, each from a different chicken. [​IMG]

2. champer

champer Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 13, 2011
    San Martin, CA
    Lucky you! I've never had a double yolker. :-(

3. ninabeast

ninabeast Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2011
    Upstate New York
    My three Barred Rocks were double yolker queens, but only when they first started laying. They gave me 2-3 each. Then one of my three Light Brahmas gave me a double yolker, but I haven't had any from my Orpingtons or my Production Reds. Clients LOVE them!

4. kaki

kaki Out Of The Brooder

Jul 24, 2011
    I regularly get doubles, but one of my first eggs was a triple!
    So far I have had about 10 double yolkers, and to tell the truth I'm a bit worried that the hen laying them has a problem. However, they are less than a year old so this might be normal.
    I believe I have video proof several doubles, and of course, the triple.

5. pgpoultry

pgpoultry Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 16, 2009
    Wales
    I had a young hen recently lay three whoppers (all double yolked) on consecutive days.

[​IMG]

6. Chick15

Chick15 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2011
    Quote:OUCH!!! I always feel bad whenever i get/see pics like tht, they must have been a pain in the butt to get out!!!

7. pgpoultry

pgpoultry Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 16, 2009
    Wales
    Chick15.....she is one heck of a great big hen....but she sang the egg song VERY loudly after each one........!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by