How many drink cups?

Tracyree

Songster
12 Years
May 6, 2011
I'm thinking about getting a drink cup waterer for my 7 chickens. How many cups do you need? Do they wait their turn or can two drink from a cup at the same time?

Drink cup waterer??????
hu.gif

Kuntrygirl,

Drinkcups are for the water nipples.They "catch" the excess drips caused by a chicken drinking from the nipples.

And yes, Tracyree, they do tend to hog drink cups.I have 6 water nipples with 6 drink cups for all my birds.There is no fight,nor a line of birds waiting for a drink at the pvc bar.

Quote:
Thank you for explaining that because I had no idea. I was thinking that the OP was going to use drink cups that humans drink out of.
gig.gif

I'm VERY new to the water nipple systems and still afraid of it.
hide.gif

Quote:
Thank you for explaining that because I had no idea. I was thinking that the OP was going to use drink cups that humans drink out of.
gig.gif

hide.gif

I was too, until I got the gumption to just built it.

The water is automatic comming from a 55 gal pickle barrel,branches out to two pvc pipes (three nipples on each pipe). Wait til the pic tomorrow ok?
wink.png

Quote:
gig.gif

hide.gif

I was too, until I got the gumption to just built it.

The water is automatic comming from a 55 gal pickle barrel,branches out to two pvc pipes (three nipples on each pipe). Wait til the pic tomorrow ok?
wink.png

Ok, I will wait and see. You have never steered me wrong before. You're always right on the money with everything you tell me, so I will wait on you to convince me.
gig.gif
tongue.png

I will be waiting............

6612_waiting.jpg

Back
Top Bottom