How many duck eggs did you get today?

Pics
Houston I have a problem! View attachment 3440087
I have 8 ladies but have been getting 4-6 a day so far this spring & I collect every day. Today I found 12, I’d say 8 or so were in the nest.

I wasn’t expecting that many eggs and it was cold & rainy so I just started shoving them in my pockets. Now I’ve got them all mixed up. I don’t think the nest has been going long, should they all be ok to eat? Should I float test or something?
They should be just fine to eat, they last a while without refrigeration (as a matter of fact, North America is the only place that refrigerates them).

I figured with it being cold here that they’d be ok. I’m just terrified for the day I crack one open that I shouldn’t have 😬
Yeah, had that happen to me as a kid, was making eggs for breakfast and plopped a rotten one into the frying pan! The STENCH! Turned me off of eggs for a while, and since then I'm always careful when cracking them.

Yeah, had that happen to me as a kid, was making eggs for breakfast and plopped a rotten one into the frying pan! The STENCH! Turned me off of eggs for a while, and since then I'm always careful when cracking them.
That’s exactly what I’m worried about! I already don’t love eggs and I know that would RUIN eggs for me!

That’s exactly what I’m worried about! I already don’t love eggs and I know that would RUIN eggs for me!
I cracked a balut at my aunts house. I wish it had just been bad. I had to go throw up. My aunt just flipped it out and scrambled up the eggs. I didn't eat eggs for a long time after that.

I’m pretty darn sure that my pied Muscovy laid her first egg of the season. I just have to find it! She’s been “off” for 2 days and made a nest. I just got home from work and and am outside with them currently, and she’s fully back to normal! Now, I just have to convince everyone to go inside, which is not likely to happen any time soon as it’s raining and muddy and they are over the moon with happiness!

Edited to add: No egg :( False alarm!

Last edited:
NONE!
My girls may not lay any longer they will be 7 yrs old end of April and my Muscovy are 10-11 yrs old. I have 2 Runners that are going to be 3 in May and they aren't laying either. It's perfectly okay with me if they don't they laid so many eggs when in their prime. ❤️
miss Lydia! that is uncanny... my girls (6 of them) will also be 7 years the end of April AND I also have 2 runners that are going to be 3 in May!! But today I got 5 (duck) eggs!!! wooohoooooooo!! (Plus I have one pekin who just turned 4 last September. And 4 6-week old ducklings still in garage... a silver appleyard, a white layer, and 2 fawn n white runners!) But yah this means that at least 2 of my almost 7 year old ducks layed eggs today!!

Back
Top Bottom