How many duck eggs should I use? Help please!

Gloria

Songster
11 Years
Jun 17, 2008
Davison/Otisville,Michigan
Hi, I am using duck eggs for baking for the first time. My recipe calls for 3 eggs. So should I use 3 duck eggs or just 2? Also the first one I cracked open was a double yolker. Should I count that as 2 or add another one? And hope it's not another double yolker!
Thanks all for your help.
caf.gif

Quote:
I was just thinking I should have put that little fact in there too. There isn't much white at all. These are her first eggs so I was kind of watching for the double.

Should I put another one in there? Also should I count this as just one or two? The next one might be a double too as they are her first eggs. If it is should I take one out or just leave it in there?

Edited to add...Yep, I cracked another one open and it's a double too. It has a line in the middle where it should be separated but it's not it's all one yolk! Is that normal?

Last edited:
Count the double yolker as 1 egg. Replace 3 large chicken eggs with the 3 large duck eggs. You won't believe the rise you get when baing with duck eggs.

The only time I have reduced the number of duck eggs to chicken eggs in baking is for the old fashioned pound cake. It calls for 10 eggs but I use 12. For the duck egg exchange I used 8. The cake was fabulous.

Maybe you should send Miss Prissy and I samples of your finished food...just to make sure it is ok...LOL

(Relax, I think you will be fine even with the extra yolks. I play around with egg amounts all the time....well I used to when I ate baked goods. It usually worked better to err on the side of extra eggs.)

Back
Top Bottom