How many Ducks does everyone have.

Pics
I should mention one drake has extended tendons in both his legs so he walks tippy toes and can't catch a hen to mate.
One drake and one hen (Beavis & Suza) appear to be a mated pair, they are attached at the hip. So that really only leaves 7 hens and 2 drakes free to breed. They all get along fabulously. One drake is a bit aggressive, but he likes to hang out with the geese when he's not chasing a hen. I think he has a crush on my widowed Steinbacher goose. He follows her everywhere and (tries to) run off any ganders who dare to try to approach her.

I'm Really curious to see how many ducks @Ravynscroft has but i'll list off mine.

We currently have 9 ducks. Two pekins and Seven Khakis... Five of the khakis are 4 weeks old and i've so far only noticed one female... One of our pekins is a Drake and our oldest khaki is a drake... Thinking we dont have enough hens we went and just bought 10 hens. 2 buffs, 2 welshes, 2 Cayugas 2 Rouens and 2 more khakis. So that adds up to 19.
We're focusing on building a large coop for the ducks since we're planning on buying more next year for selling eggs... And well just because i love ducks!

Back
Top Bottom