How many Ducks does everyone have.

x2 on what @Miss Lydia said!

Make sure to get sexed birds, you'll want around four females per male.
x2 on what @Miss Lydia said!

Make sure to get sexed birds, you'll want around four females per male.

Oh, thank you on the four females to one male! That was going to be my next question! So if I get four - 3 females and one male? I was kind of concerned about the females being loud as they grow into adults. I'm in a neighborhood where the houses are a bit close together. I have a privacy fence but I wanted to be sure that doesn't become an issue. There is a pond behind my home that I could release them on eventually, but I want to keep them as pets if I can.

Oh, thank you on the four females to one male! That was going to be my next question! So if I get four - 3 females and one male? I was kind of concerned about the females being loud as they grow into adults. I'm in a neighborhood where the houses are a bit close together. I have a privacy fence but I wanted to be sure that doesn't become an issue. There is a pond behind my home that I could release them on eventually, but I want to keep them as pets if I can.

That's just a guideline,your setup and each birds personality will play a role as well. More females the better.

Is it necessary to get a combination? What if I stuck with straight males or straight females?

All female flocks work great and usually have no problems, all male flocks on the other hand, especially during springtime, will sometimes fight with each other. Bottom line either get a all female flock or get males/females with a correct ratio. Most hatchery's will sex your birds for you, you just have to pay a little extra, but in the long run its definitely worth it.

All female flocks work great and usually have no problems, all male flocks on the other hand, especially during springtime, will sometimes fight with each other. Bottom line either get a all female flock or get males/females with a correct ratio. Most hatchery's will sex your birds for you, you just have to pay a little extra, but in the long run its definitely worth it.
Okay!

Back
Top Bottom