1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

how many eggs a week do you get from an easter egger

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Berynn, Dec 24, 2007.

1. Berynn

Berynn Cooped Up

Oct 13, 2007
    I read that you only get three eggs per week from an easter egger is that true?
    What does DH stand for?

2. nccountrygirl

nccountrygirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 31, 2007
    Sanford N.C.
    no it's not since my girls have been laying, (since Thanksgiving) we are getting an egg a day from ours.

Dear Husband

Last edited: Dec 24, 2007
  3. MyPerfectChicken

MyPerfectChicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 19, 2007
    PA
    My EE both lay 6 days a week!

4. fosterchick

fosterchick Chillin' With My Peeps

my lay everyday or close to it. But when it's cold they don't lay at all.

5. LoneCowboy

LoneCowboy Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 26, 2007
    Longmont, CO
    Mine are pretty new layers, but I'm only getting one every other day from them. I'm not sure if it will increase over time, I hope so.

6. eggydoom

eggydoom New Egg

Sep 26, 2007
    Roanoke, Va
    Mine were the first of my bunch to lay, beating out a Black Giant and two Rocks by a few days. They were erratic the 1st month or so, and one quit laying for several weeks after she started (unless, of course, she's got them stashed somewhere).

Now, all three lay nearly every day, maybe 5 to 6 eggs/week each and the size is pretty good. Two lay nearly identical blue eggs, and the other lays a green egg, so sometimes I'm not sure which blue layer has left one.

My EEs are also the hardest to catch when they escape, they seem craftier than the other breeds I have.

7. rooster-red

rooster-red Here comes the Rooster

Jun 10, 2007
    Douglasville GA
    Quote:So do mine.

8. rdranch

rdranch Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2007
    Strasburg,CO
    My 3 lay about 15 per week. All the eggs have been quite large since they started laying 6 months ago. The next flock will be at least half EE's. I think they are the best next to the Red Stars.[​IMG][​IMG]

9. NY Chickenista

NY Chickenista New Egg

May 13, 2013
    So far mine has left me an egg a day since she started laying. She's a bit noisy for about 5 minutes after she lays the egg. I think I have spoiled them with treats and now she is demanding them. One loud cluck and they know I will come running with treats.

10. ProfNancy

ProfNancy Out Of The Brooder

Mar 31, 2016
    Mountain Home, ID
    My EE laid on friday her first egg and saturday and sunday nothing. Hoping for onr today. Her first is on left in picture[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by