how many eggs a week do you get from an easter egger

Berynn

Cooped Up
12 Years
Oct 13, 2007
I read that you only get three eggs per week from an easter egger is that true?
What does DH stand for?

Mine were the first of my bunch to lay, beating out a Black Giant and two Rocks by a few days. They were erratic the 1st month or so, and one quit laying for several weeks after she started (unless, of course, she's got them stashed somewhere).

Now, all three lay nearly every day, maybe 5 to 6 eggs/week each and the size is pretty good. Two lay nearly identical blue eggs, and the other lays a green egg, so sometimes I'm not sure which blue layer has left one.

My EEs are also the hardest to catch when they escape, they seem craftier than the other breeds I have.

My 3 lay about 15 per week. All the eggs have been quite large since they started laying 6 months ago. The next flock will be at least half EE's. I think they are the best next to the Red Stars.
smile.png
smile.png

So far mine has left me an egg a day since she started laying. She's a bit noisy for about 5 minutes after she lays the egg. I think I have spoiled them with treats and now she is demanding them. One loud cluck and they know I will come running with treats.

Back
Top Bottom